srijeda, 15. siječnja 2014.


IT'S a WASTE of TIME

How many times did you heard that sentence? 5-10 times? Not once? Don't worry, you'll hear it, and boy, it won't be good. Why do ordinary (not everyone, but some) people think it's a waste of time? Jellaousy? Maybe, in their minds, it's something to do when you're bored. Maybe they're realistic, and know that only few writers can live from writing? I seriously doubt that (but you can reassure me), because people  who say that things are... well, I got the feeling they're not really satisfied with their own lives. I know it maybe sounds crazy, and I don't have pattern large enough (only a few people), but it seems they say it because some sort of jelaousy; because writers life is so much better. Colorfull yes, better... I wouldn't go that far. Most people think writers actually are better persons than themselves. Why? I don't know. Maybe because our heads are filled with everything and nothing; creatures, worlds... we have the imagination they don't, or they're scared to use it. So, if you put it that way, I think we have better world where we can escape when reality becomes too ugly. It's our consolation, our joy, our peace. Writers are mockery of the society. My parents, friends, never supported me in my writing. Since I started writing when I was about 10,  people thought I was "weird".  Today 's different situation; everybody are amused and awed they know a writer, or because they can read unpublished things right from the authors hand/keyboard.

And there's the other thing; those people think writing means doing nothing, just scribbling something on the paper (or computer), wasting hours and papers on words. "God forbid you kid become a writer some day!"- might be some kind of curse for them- that kid is provided for failure, he's no good, he'll starve, because it's hard to live just off writing. That doesn't mean we can't dream big, and maybe, one day, if we're good enough (oh yeah, there's a lot of bad writers (that's another pair of gloves- when it's common reason to think you're good just because you write) - you even may think I'm one- and that's fine. Criticism is what writers must embrace as their own child, it's needed in the progress of becoming a better writer.), make some money (but most of us never published authors would settle just for the fact we're published- yeah, we're that cheap. But appetites do grow.), and proudly claim ourselves Authors. Of course, we're writers since we put first sentence with intentions/aspirations on that white paper, but being published is a big thing, that's how we value our existence, our work. We're weird bunch of people, but  if Ego becomes our master, we're gonna have a bad time (like in the real world).  

I remember one time, this person asked me how could I waste my time on writing? I wonder why did I ever bother to explain my point of view to someone who spends days and weeks on playing PC games (no, I don't have anything against games, I like to play them too, but enough is enough, especially when it comes from somebody who has no goal in life, and is basically a parasite, boy , that pisses me off that much I turn into a dragon XD), and has such a sad little life, with no imagination. So, if you wanna piss off a writer, you know what to ask. ;) Writing is the most underestimated job in the world. You're a writer? Pff, good luck.
But why do we really write? I can answer only for myself, and the truth is: I love it. Also, my stories are bothering me, they want to be written, and I can't do anything about it but to write them. Being a writer is somewhat like being haunted by a ghost - only this time you're haunted by endless possibilities of worlds, characters, beings,  your brain imagines. True writer is never alone, not when idea comes along, and then something in that story (or just plain conversation about something, you wouldn't believe how many ideas I got that way) triggers another idea, and another... you get the idea. Being writer liberates imagination, it opens portals to another worlds, other "mortals" can't see.  If you're ready for a life-long relationship, that'll take you to many fantastic voyages, just put words on paper, and see where will it end.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar